29 October, 2005

Goodbye my Sarah


"I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for [you], I pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." -- Philippians 1.3-6

It was strange to say goodbye to Sarah today. Having lived with someone so closely for the last five months it's like something is missing now that she's gone. I'm happy to see her go because it means she can get back to her friends and her family -- I know she missed them. I'm also sad because I know she made, in some ways, a life for herself here and I know it hurt her to leave it behind.

At the airport I stumbled through a 'sort-of' goodbye, half because I'm awful with them, and half because I sort of felt like I should get on my way so that she could have some time alone with her boyfriend before she had to go. It would have been nice to wave her off as she walked through the gates, and tell her how much I appreciated her, but well.. it got sort of awkward and like i said.. I'm awful with goodbyes so I'm doing it now.

Sarah, it's been a treat. :) Please remember: 1. You are beautiful inside AND out.. 2. There's nothing you can't do.. 3. I love you very much and nothing ya say or do can change it.. unless of course you kill someone in cold blood.. I *probably* wouldn't be that impressed.

Take special care, Kiddo! I miss you, but I'll see you again so not to worry. Hugs and kisses.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

I'm so glad you guys bonded over the time you were together. It's always hard to see friends go.

Allison said...

ohhhh. so sad. i'm sorry, lof. i miss her, but i know you miss her most.

You might also like...