17 March, 2006

The Leslian Republic

I hereby declare my intention to freeload for the rest of my life and dodge goverment taxes. Alright, maybe not freeload. I'd love to live in some sort of farm house but i wonder.. If I pay it off in full and OWN the land/house.. and i dont have electricity or telephone..... and I dont buy anything or talk to ANYBODY.. I'm talking total and absolute isolation here, folks. Does it seem right that I still pay property tax? is this true? Is there a way out of paying anything to anybody so i can live in more or less my own world? ANDREW help.. I wish to be my own tax-free country.

9 comments:

Andrew said...

Okay two things. First, that map is sheer genius. Second, you pay tax on your income. So even though you're enjoying Canada's security and high envirionmental standards and democracy and free healthcare and civil rights, indeed, if you're not making money, you don't pay anything to the government.

You do pay property tax, but it's like 1,000 bucks a year on a farm property (this is a guess). If you don't pay it, they register a lien for the arrears. So whatever, by the time you die, they might have a lien for 70 grand against your half a million dollar estate. I say bring it on. Let your kids deal with it. I'm sure it'll be the least of their problems.

Andrew said...

Oh my gosh. I was so joking with that last comment.

Leslie Puiras said...

hahaha

Jón Magnús said...

wow...for a minute there I thought it read the "Lesbian Republic"...

Andrew said...

Me too.

Benjamin said...

me three

Leslie Puiras said...

you guyyyysssss...






grow up.

Josh said...

me four

Anonymous said...

i thought it said leslian, which would make alot more sense since your name is leslie, but then i realized it actually said lesbian. i don't know why it says lesbian. kinda weird.

You might also like...