17 January, 2006

I guess I should post SOMETHING..

It's been quite a while since I've written anything. I am trying my very best to post relevant/interesting things.. But I've been swallowed into the black-hole of the everyday. Get up, work, sleep. I've managed to slip some music-making in there as well as spending some time with good friends. What is there to post about though? I'm not exactly sure. The little things that excite me just aren't great when passed on as second hand information.. None-the-less, I'll give it a shot.. Here are a handful of the great things I've experienced the past few weeks..

I saw an amazing sunrise on my way to work-- orange and red over snow-covered fields/forests. Sarah (2) woke up from her nap a little earlier than her brother-- She fell asleep on me as we cuddled/sang/rocked in the chair downstairs for a good half-an-hour. I saw a great high school musical with some great friends. I went to Jason's Pub for the first time and had a great experience with half a pitcher of free beer (the same night as the musical). I made some killer (as in wonderful) blueberry muffins for the kids I nanny for, and they actually liked them. I went for a walk on the beach in the rain/slush. I got some of my art photos developed, and Andrew also set up a webgallery. (http://western.kicks-ass.org/leslie/gallery) Last but not least: I had a drum jam with my mom by candle-light. She's gotten into drumming the past while and it was rediculous (she's really good). We played for 2 hours and it was so much fun.

4 comments:

SClerk said...

Thats awesome...you went to jasons pub...im jealous. I went in but they wouldnt serve me as i had no ID...story of my life in Canada!!

Leslie Puiras said...

Just make sure you bring ID next time! (Photo ID).. like a drivers lisence.. ?

hahahaha my word verification was "wakojan"

Andrew said...

The Pub isn't bad if you don't mind the occasional bar fight from the downtown locals. Just be careful of gang activity downtown, did you hear about the whole Brampton takedown?

Oh, and the gallery has been getting traffic. You're famous!

Leslie Puiras said...

yah i heard that! The guy was charged with 1st degree murder. What a crazy ordeal. And how much "traffic" makes me famous? I've looked at them 2-3 times.. so if you've had 2-3 hits on your stalking device, then its me. :)

You might also like...