19 March, 2006

Therefore I tell you...

... do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? And why do you worry about your clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labour or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendour was dressed like one of these... So do not worry, saying, "What shall we eat?", or "What shall we drink", or "What shall we wear?" for pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows you need them. But seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
[Matthew 6.25-33]
*An afterthought: Lately when i read this it makes me angry.

8 comments:

Andrew said...

That's really cool.

SClerk said...

Good Stuff Batman

Beth said...

thanks for the good reminder love.

Anonymous said...

LESLIE!
hi.
nate.

ps
i really do wish i could come to cananannananada.

Leslie Puiras said...

haha i know you do. I haven't been coming to rhode island either so i guess its my fault too.

Remember when you sent me that letter saying "Someday you and I will travel the US countryside together"? Well, someday we will when you stop all your globe-trotting. Sheesh.

Anonymous said...

hahahaha....... so true!!

i watched Elizabethtown last night with friends, the ending is awesome is great (okay a bit cheesy) but his little roadtrip - so sweet!!!

OK, miss your face!

kaylie said...

Leslie! i saw on myspace an thing about the Streets! i wanted to copy the page and email it to you but it wouldn't let me. oh the Streets, i love Brit-rap, so good! it's the weirdest things that remind me of you.

Leslie Puiras said...

hahaha the streets remind you of me?! That's weeeiiirrdd beard.

You know what reminds me of you kaylie? Lush and skittles. Lush because i know you're obsessed.. and Skittles becuase of our trip to skittle bridge.

You might also like...