25 September, 2011

God-Given Potential



After a lot of prayer, discussion and attending a few lectures and meetings run from various places we are ready to take the full plunge into what we believe is the way the Lord has intended us to live. I speak specifically for Joe and I, but we also have felt the Lord's leading to make it a family mission to engage others in this journey as well. He designed us. He has a plan for us, not just in spirit but in body.

We need our bodies to be functioning at 100% in order to experience and accomplish all that he has for us, and 100% doesn't just mean no symptoms. It means being looking down the road and seeing a healthy self at age 70, 80, 90. 85% of North Americans will either die of cancer or heart disease. 85%! Being a mom has made me ask an important question: Is the way I am living setting me and my family up to be part of the 85% or part of the 15?

I look forward to discussing this with all of you.. all two of you maybe? hah. Even if one person reads, I'll be happy. Please stay tuned as I begin this new series.. Complete with the resources my family has discovered and with confessions along the way-- sharing truthfully how all of this is going for us as we implement some much needed change.

3 comments:

redandhoney said...

Sounds mysterious and interesting! Can't wait to hear what it is!

Alyssa said...

Hi Leslie! Just to let you know, I occasionally creep your blog :) I don't have facebook, so blog-hopping is the best I can do. I loved reading your birth story! Belated congrats, and I will look forward to checking in on your new series :)

Anonymous said...

LOL

You might also like...