25 March, 2006

It's like a dream

My work has proven to be difficult, yet important.. I find myself chuckling at silly things.

Ahhhhh!!!Yup. So this is currently the situation at work: Robert is discovering the emotion of anger at the ripe old age of 2. It seems there is something on his mind and he doesn't know how to tell me and so he gets very frustrated/angry. This results in throwing, hitting, kicking, yelling and crying which ultimately leads to a time out, or some solitary confinement with the help of two babygates stacked at his bedroom door. (Oh yes, he's discovered how to break out when I use just one.) I guess I'm blogging this because I need to air the dirty laundry. It's been very challenging for me and I'm exhausted. I need to try and remember why it's worth going in..

TOP 10 Reasons I LOVE This Job:
10. I get to bake
9. The grocery bag I seal the dirty diapers in makes me chuckle (see picture)
8. Going to the park and seeing all the imaginative ways the kids play
7. Singing songs in the car with them
6. Their dog Harry is sooo sweet
5. They know how to scheme and its funny to watch them sneak around and try to break rules
4. Watching the kids grow (I've had the honour of being there for many of their 'firsts')
3. When they get hurt, they run to find me because my magical kisses make ALL of the pain go away instantly
2. The look of wonder on their faces when something great is happening
1. How they love everything and everyone without reserve

I really struggle because when I'm not at work because I don't usually look forward to going. However once I get there, there's no place I'd rather be. They're great kids and I enjoy them so much in a million ways, even though sometimes they're nut-jobs and I wish I was dead.

13 comments:

SClerk said...

working with kids can be really hard work, but so rewarding. I feel your pain.there are bad days, there are good days. Sometimes the only thing that keeps me sane is the people i work with, so i really feel for you that you have no adult conversation during the day (im guessing), you do a good job pickle! Keep Smilin!

Unknown said...

ahh the joys of child rearing. can't wait to be a mom eh?

ummmm... did i hear correctly that you are really seriously coming down here this summer??! i think i peed.

CALL ME YOU HOE BAG!

Leslie Puiras said...

did you just call me hoebag?

you sloot.

Allison said...

You're going to SC? With SARAH? Leslie that is so rad!! Cos... I'm going to be there, too. Perhaps we can all be there at the same time?

SClerk said...

Im going to South Carolina??!!

Leslie Puiras said...

nooo I said to Liana I'd try and drag your 'english behinny' down to south carolina. So we'd go for a 3 or 4 day trip PROVIDED you want to go.

Andrew said...

OH MY GOSH, I'm going to be there too!

SClerk said...

why wouldnt i?!!! that would be freakin awesome!
I get to see you in jus over 3months...how cool is that!!

Leslie Puiras said...

hahaha andrew, i wouldn't be suprised-- which is why I dont know if you're being serious or not. Please confirm.. ;)

Beth said...

Yes! Yes! mee too !!! I live in SOuth carolina! Leslie, yay, you don't know how happy you are making me right now!

Allison said...

This is all too exciting.

Anonymous said...

I see what your doing here Leslie..... 11 comments thats pretty impressive but 4 are your own.... cheater.

Leslie Puiras said...

hahaha im not going for numbers.. You just like to take people down!!

BEHIND ME... JEFF.

Shh.

You might also like...