13 October, 2006

An early morning daydream

In this quiet hour you’re sleeping as whispered words hang in the air
Through the silence I’ll be dreaming as I lift them up in prayer
Then I’ll set my feet to walking; in the stillness I’ll rejoice
And I’ll share with you my secrets in a low and trembling voice

Though I wonder where you’re going and I know just where I’ve been
I wait calmly for this moment; there’s so much I haven’t seen
And in the dancing of your fingers on the surface of my skin
You’ll take me soaring with you; oh that our souls may fly akin

So lift the veil from off my face and let me be so real to you
That you would see my lips are smiling in that tender moment true
Then with a gentle hand you’ll guide me as we give our everything
And we’ll rest undone forever in the arms of our great king

No comments:

You might also like...