23 March, 2009

Sudden changes and surprises

Last Monday I was packing my house. Joe and I were moving to Guelph. It seems that God has other plans for us. I wrote a note to some friends and family with regard to the sudden change of blans which I will post on here. During this time of transition, your prays would be greatly appreciated!
------------------------------
Last week Joe and I were approached because the youth pastor at Aurora Cornerstone Church was moving on and the church staff felt led to offer us the position. We've taken a faith step and have decided to stay in Aurora and have Joe return to Tyndale to finish his degree. Joe is going to continue working for his dad, but he will help to come up with ideas and also will run programs with me. My job will be to work the office hours and iron out details. Our positions has us pastoring kids/teens who are in grades 5 - 12. Starting this week, we'll be running a Jr. High youth group for kids in grades 5-8, and we'll be running a Sr. high group for teens in grades 9-12. The Sr. High group has also planned a trip to inner city Chicago to work with local programs. As far as I know this includes soup kitchens and some child/senior programs in the community. We're really still trying to learn as much as we can about what was already in the works. There's a lot planned and I am impressed with how the previous youth pastor has been able to get the youth involved. I know they're going to miss him very much. We're grateful that this position has opened up, and we're humbled that it has opened up to us. We'll be moving to the Aurora area to live with Joe's parents until further notice. The plan is to find a place in the fall or maybe even a bit later so we can save a little extra money. So there you have it! Exciting times, and lots of changes.

We're just excited for the opportunity to love these kids and see them grow!

No comments:

You might also like...