18 November, 2009

Who do I listen to?


When I was sixteen I could often be found driving with the windows down listening to Led Zepplin, Jimi Hendrix, The Eagles, Van Morrison.... just to name a few. But these days traffic is louder, horns are more intrusive, lights are brighter and the air is thicker. I've had to compensate for the assult on my senses and turn to the lighter side of my collection (although on a good day I'll still break out my Phish albums)

I've been thinking and talking alot about music these days since it's always been music that's led me through the seasons in my life. I learned piano as a little girl and stuck with it for about 10 years... then tenor sax through high school. Guitar came about during my years on camp staff at Presqu'ile point and for the last 8 or 9 years it's been violin -- cape breton style fiddling to be exact, although I've been known to play the odd classical piece. Between school, snapping photographs and teaching violin lessons my time to enjoy music has been downsized. Without a musical identity I feel like I'm in some sort of cosmic limbo right here and right now.

I've had the following musical artists to keep me company through the mountaintops and valleys of this adventure of mine. If you're into folk, roots and the like you'll surely enjoy these recommendations. Look them up on youtube, visit their websites or listen for free on imeem.com

James Taylor
Kobo Town
Rose Cousins
Bob Snider
Nick Drake
Ellen McIlwaine




1 comment:

Trenton Christian Church said...

& there is always Ben Harper. :)
Great photo of you btw
love you muches
you MUST come out to our countryside for some wholesome country.

You might also like...