16 June, 2011

Our "Must Have" Baby Items

Friends Naomi and Katrina have done this and I decided to follow suit and share a small list of things that help us get by. The items featured below are the life-savers at our house.

The pacifier!! I struggled with this for a while because the jury seems split as to whether or not to introduce a pacifier right away. I finally had to pony up and make a decision based on what I thought was best for me and my baby. A few days in I realized that Liam was using me as a pacifier. He would stay at the breast even though he wasn't drinking and really didn't have a very good latch. He would fuss if I took him off and would remain there indefinitely. It was frustrating but once we finally decided to give him a pacifier, he was much less fussy.

Our Moby Wrap is the single most important thing we own where Liam is concerned. This is what we turn to when we need him to be well behaved or when we need him to go to sleep. We've made it through weddings, church services and shopping trips with this magical baby carrier. As soon as he goes in and is given his pacifier, he's out like a light guaranteed.

This Fisher Price Luv-You-Zoo play mat is great for both interactive play and solo play. I often sit on the floor with Liam and we sing songs and play finger games, but if I want to whip up a few dishes I can turn on the music which also features coloured blinking lights and a spinning mobile.

I'm sure most moms have one of these. There's nothing super special about this brand, but this is the one we happen to have. It's the Bright Start Turtle Bouncer and it has worked well for us because he is seated in a more upright position than some of the other ones, which is great because he's getting to the age where he wants to look around at everything. He's also super excited about the dangling toys. This chair also features a vibrating mode. Ooooo. :)

This Lamaze Doll was given to us second hand, but he's super infatuated with it. The dress crinkles and there is a rattle attached to the front. It also has the rings in her hand that Liam can grab onto. The thing that makes this particularly functional is the hook coming out of the top. I hooked it to the Bright Start chair today with the other dangling toys and I've never seen him content for so long. He was staring away at all of the patterns and grabbing at her dress.

1 comment:

MamaOat said...

hey les.
yeah I should have included the pacifier on my list too! I'm so scared of losing ours because of how it helps to get him to sleep when he's in the Ergo.

You might also like...