03 November, 2006

Social me and my new apartment

I was reading in my psychology textbook about how people respond in different social situations. I got to thinking about how I should probably take more risks and get to know people (although i wouldn't know how to begin). I realise that a lot of the time I wait until people come to me and make the first move, THEN the flood gate opens and I become more extroverted. In highschool I was the opposite.. I was irritated by the people who were extremely cheerful and in-your-face, but still tried to keep up with them.. Now that I'm older and more comfortable with who I am, I find I'm more of a social recluse than I thought. I really wish I could get over the awkwardness I feel in the presence of people I don't really know. It's frustrating and I don't know how I managed to slip from one extreme to the other. I like people-- really I do! As Alice would say, "curiouser and curiouser"... is that even how you spell it?
--------------------------------
In other news..
Meg and I are moving out of rez on December 16th. I really value quiet space in balance with social activity and it's hard to come by around here. It also helps with studying SECONDLY, I like cooking my own food so that I know what's going into my body. At home I generally buy locally grown produce and I eat very little meat. That's just not an option here. For about the same price as Tyndale rez, I'll have my own room and kitchen-- a couple blocks away from campus.

6 comments:

nyssa ariel said...

You're leaving me!! :(

Béthany said...

you are the best.
your blog is the best.
i'll see you in february

Andrew said...

I think people often feel different inwardly than how they project themselves. I've seen you in public around strangers and you don't seem introverted and shy.

That said, if you want to make more connections, it never hurts. Don't sell yourself short though.

Unknown said...

my leslie-levels are getting dangerously low, i may even be at risk for missing-my-favorite-roommate-to-death-itis! and that is a serious condition little missy. please give me a call sometime! i would love to catch up.
love love love,
me

Anonymous said...

no smelling up our apartment with incense and cats...or I'll cook them

Leslie Puiras said...

LIANA come and stay here in Toronto with me-- bring NICK and BETH GROSS! (she's got a plan and is maybe coming for spring break-- you will be to.)

and Andrew, I think you're right.. But I think as time passes i'm becoming more socially awkward.. at least i feel that way and I don't know why.

You might also like...