10 September, 2005

September 9th: Halifax, Nova Scotia, McNabb Island


Got into halifax around dinner and was told of a place called McNabb island by a woman on the bus. We walked along the boardwalk of the harbour where I ran into one of my mom's best friends. It was crazy! After talking to her we met a man who runs the water taxi. He offered us a ride to the island. McNabb island is forested with sandy beach. it's not occupied by people and we can camp there. It's not commerical, but was a local secret we were let in on. He dropped us off on the pier at 8:30pm, and a deer stood at the end to greet us and watch us get off the boat. it was incredible. He told us he'd come back to meet us at 2:00pm the next day. We pitched at tent on the beach, had a fire, made some tea and played some guitar. It's been amazing. We're going to walk around Halifax and see the brewery. I have a feeling we'll stop here again. its incredible.


** if you haven't figured it out by now, i dont have alot of time ont he net, so I have been keeping a journal and what you are reading are parts of it which i'll type out in mass amounts whenever I get a chance on a computer... I miss you all and i'll see you soon!

Love Leslie

7 comments:

Benjamin said...

you don't know how much i wish i was with you

Leslie Puiras said...

awww my ben! I miss you!! Are you going to be anywhere near a canadian boarder? Come up and i can meet you somewhere for a visit.

Anonymous said...

leslie, my poopalicious muffinstump! Please don't die out there in that cray mixed up Canada of yours. If you take to hitching, remember, your can always reject a ride if the offerer is scetchy! Oh, and don't lie about where you're going this time either, especially to old people!!

Josh said...

Your next roadtrip must be to the South. It will scare you and hopefully make you pee your pants

Béthany said...

Leslie LOVES peeing her pants.

Leslie Puiras said...

shut itttttt... Josh, i would love to come visit, but peeing? I'll do nothing of the sort.

PS. it happened.. my secret came out at camp. they figured out that I am ticklish.. it took 4 of them 2 minutes..

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this blog, I enjoyed it. Check out this online commodities trading site that I've been putting together - Online Trading - It's full of information and resources for the beginning online investor.

You might also like...