29 October, 2006

RIP Goliath..

I know this is my new record (3 blogs) but I felt the need to set the story straight before stories started circulating...

My goldfish was dying when i came back from reading week (I left him with Will). He's been really sick as long as I've known him, which is sort of why i got him-- i felt sorry for him... When i came back on Saturday he was floating on the top and struggling.. And the petstore told me that I should put him in a ziploc bag and freeze him as a humane way of dealing with the situation.. She explained that water temp drops by one degree every five minutes and that goldfish are used to living in ponds in the winter that are frozen over. When winter comes and the water gets extremely cold, they go into a hybernation- they fall asleep and their body slows down. If the water freezes solid they die in their sleep.. SO that's how it went down...

Nikita and I had some time on our hands so we made a treasure hunt for Meg to find Goliath's body.. Dan Slade ended up tagging along and then asked if he could keep him..

It's out of my hands now.
If you're interested.. he's in the guys freezer on the 3rd floor at Tyndale.

1 comment:

Megs said...

i'm sorry to hear about goliath...that's sad...when my guy died i coulnt' bring myself to flush him...someone else took care of him. i'd like to meet this dan slade character adn ask him a few questions pertaining to the fish that is now in his freezer

You might also like...