28 December, 2006

Some random thoughts. I don't feel like sharing anything important today.

Happy Christmas, friends.



Why is it so hard for me to write about anything? Goodness. I haven't been able to blog in weeks. It's as though I have SO MUCH to say that I have nothing to say at all.. but is that even possible? So even though I COULD say a lot of things, I'm really happy not to right now.


I need to buy some new pants. I'm not happy with the pants that I have. The ones I like best have a hole looming over the left knee which threatens to grow wildly out of control (much like the GTA).

I'm sitting quietly by a window watching half a million squirrels chase each other up and down our yard and through the trees. I'm waiting for the sun to melt the skiff of snow we finally got which will pull our city back into brown nothingness. This time last year, we were under 4 feet of snow (no exaggeration) and were on the edge of a 2 week ice storm that would come and cut our electricity for a couple of days.. And for those few days the busy world would have to stop. So I would light my candles and sit in their warm glow and wish the world wasn't so complicated, and that the power would never come back on. Sadly, it did.

My cats names are Opie and George. Opie has red hair like the little boy on the Andy Griffith show which is why he got his name. George is a dark tabby.. He's pretty large and obnoxiously affectionate. They're both sitting here with me and watching me right now.

I had a Barn Owl practice yesterday. We're preparing for a show in Toronto that I'm pretty excited about. Sebastian (who plays cello for us) is also in a band called Basia. I've heard their stuff on myspace and it's really great. They just got signed to the same lable as Arcade Fire which is something Seb is really stoked about-- no doubt! So yah. They've asked us to come play with them at the Drake (queen west) on the 4th of January at 9:00pm. If you can make it out, I suggest that you come. We've got a 45 minute set.




I'm thankful for where I come from.. That when it snows heavily, I find all of the neighbors on our street outside helping one another to shovel each others lanes. That I can go for a walk by myself at night feeling safe.. and when a car pulls over it's because someone who knows me or my family wants to know if I need a lift or at least to ask how I'm doing. An old man's hat blew off his head yesterday downtown. Someone in one of the cars at a red light got out and picked it up for him.


Why do I know so many Dutch people? I pondered it as I spoke to JBo on the phone today (he's dutch). I mean, honestly! Is it that there are just that many of them around, or am I a Dutch magnet? Either way, God bless them.


AND my final after-thought.. If you're reading this and you're from the Toronto area.. or even if you're not (and i know who you are**), you should be coming to my apartment for some new-years-board-game-fun. If you can make it, leave me a comment on here or email. Feel free to bring a friend or two or three.. i just need to know how many im expecting.

2 comments:

Megs said...

EXPECT...ooh i wish oh how i wish i could say atleast one from my end of the country..why cant' we live in a wee country were it would only lake like 12 hours to drive the whole thing and i could be to you in like 10! hmm? anywho much love darling...i thoroughly enjoyed the randomness of this post.

SClerk said...

Ohh JBo!

You might also like...