10 January, 2007

School, Fish, Joe, Phish, Schoolhouse Rock(s)!!

Classes started for me on Monday evening. After a sweet time of reunion and reflection over the holidays God's left me feeling challanged and refreshed-- oh how sweet it is! I'm looking forward to continuing to learn and to seeing my classmates and listening to the profs. I'm even looking forward to homework and I want to practice studying so I can do better this time around.

Our apartment is killer and we even have fish!! My roommate named them just last night: the black one is Teryaki and the orange one is called Mystery Roll. Ikea is such a wonderful store but it's almost like a dangerous drug. I need to stop spending money. I feel SO convicted of overspending. I don't go shopping often, but when I do I can blow a tonne of money easily and feel horribly irresponsible and selfish sometimes.

I've been dating Joe for one whole month now. I'm pretty stoked. It feels like it's only been 2 weeks. I must say that it's really nice to have him and to pray with him, walk with him, and share really corny jokes, among other things (for the record, none of which include making out-- which i'm very proud to say. I dont think he'll mind me sharing that.. If he does I'll take this part out.) It's so wonderful to see how excited about life he is and about his faith. His willingness to serve and to humble himself inspires me!! I hope, if you haven't had the chance to talk with him, that you do. I'm not saying that because I like him, but because he's such a neat person and has lots to say from such a unique perspective. To a select few- and you know who you are- stop making fun or imma GET YOU WHILE YOU EAT BREAKFAST. Oh yes. I said it. ;)

Music. Sometimes I go through waves where I have trouble deciding what I want to listen to. I recently became bored of my options but I'm on day 2 of having amazing musical direction.. which is to say that I've had no trouble picking music that I want to listen to and am in love with listening to it again. What's been exciting me lately? I've come full circle and am once again enjoying Phish. I had the craving to listen to the song Piper from their Farmhouse album and I was *hooked* all over again (heh heh get it? Phish? Hooked? pardon the pun).. So from there I progressed, naturally to Blind Melon which I've never stopped enjoying but I found a cover they did of a song from Schoolhouse Rock!! Do you remember that show?! I have them all on DVD and ABSOLOUTELY LOVE THE MUSIC. Anyway, they covered 3 is a magic number which is such a wonderful song in the first place.. Then you add to it that Blind Melon is covering it and so it almost makes me want to cry and then wet myself.. or wet myself and then cry. It's almost in my top 10 of the best things that have happened to me since Jesus.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to make a case for your fish. You have them in a bare tiny aquarium. Are you an animal lover?

Leslie Puiras said...

hey, the tanks is bigger than what they recommended-- it's 8litres for 2 tiny goldfish.. And I have plants and rocks in there. I imagine I could put more plants in.

Either way, I believe we've had this discussion in the past.. And I believe I already know how you feel about aquarium pets. ;)

Megs said...

Look I like Joe I don't make fun of him I make friendly remarks...also I didn't eat breakfast this morning...I will tomorrow and I assume you will be civil

Megs said...

lesles! awe i'm so stoked that you are doing well and are stoked about going back to school...HA my first day of classes was today...but alas it was snowing! and i had a SNOW DAY...snow days aren't fun when you are completely stranded!

ps. LOVE your dream and i hope that some day soon it will come true! peace and love darling!

Béthany said...

aw, a month! crazy. will i meet him, too, when i visit you?

You might also like...